Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Friday, September 21, 2012

UP!

OK ok I know, why do I keep posting older poems instead of new ones? Well it's simple I'm so busy and preoccuipied my thoughts just don't come out. My older poems capture what my heart has felt, does feel or just a simple word of encouragement. For my regular readers, you'll know when I have edited one of my older poems. For now I am collecting so many ideas, I feel I will be composing again soon. So please keep reading it will encourage me. God Bless All!

Have you ever thrown yours hands up and been frustrated because something came your way you weren't expecting? Could be a smile from someone when you are in a bad mood, or traffic jam or a "Be back in 5 Mins sign" We experience them everyday. Sometimes they drive us crazy cause it's not what is in our plan for that day or time.  It isn't about what we have planned. It's about what He has planned for us. Sometimes the Lord sends us little things to interrupt something that might not be what He has planned for us, or we are just going to fast to notice. So as frustrating as things may get maybe we need to slow down and take a better look at who has us on His hook. I know I've had many moments like these. Like for example last year I was coming home from work and had to stop at the bank to get money for my babysitter. I stopped at the bank and was grumbling to myself when some guy on roller blades whizzed by me, startling me. He looked at me and smiled and said" Smile it's a gorgeous day!" My answer was,"Not it's been horrible!" Then off he went, never to be seen again. But then I got to thinking, maybe it wasn't such a bad day. Now when I think of that day, I don't even remember what I was frustrated about but I do remember the guy's smile! It's them little things......

UP
(With the Little Things)
 
Wake Up
Clean Up
Dress Up
Warm Up
Drive Up
Throw your hands Up
It seems the only way to go is UP!
But what about when we want to give Up?
Do we ever look Up?
Do we ever ask Him for help?
Nah, we mostly just stand and yelp.
We fill our hearts with much nonsense
And leave little room for all those little things
Ya those little things thrown in our way
To help our day
The little things we often toss aside
Like mere interruptions sent as messages 
From way up in the sky
To tell us to slow down
And not let life slip on by
Grab hold when the Heavens throw down
Those little things to lift you up
The value of life may be hidden inside
Those little things we like to ignore
And keep us up tight 
As we keep up the fight
Another moment lost in selfish ways
This is not how we should spend our days
So pay attention to those little things that tug your heart
It is what keeps us and Him apart
The only thing we should be raising up
Is our heart to God who loves us so
Before you dress up and go
Look up!
And enjoy a cup of everlasting love 
From above!

Mathew 11:28 Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest

1 comment:

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.