Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Eye of Heaven

One night awhile back, I looked up into the early evening sky I saw two white dots in the sky. They were perfectly positioned as if they were a set of eyes. I stood and stared for a minute and soon began to feel comfort come over me. I knew in a minute they must be Eyes from Heaven looking down at me. Even a picture couldn't capture this image. I'm hoping these words will. He is everywhere, just stop and take the time to notice, the Lord's beauty sometimes. It does a soul good.



The Eyes of Heaven

The eyes of Heaven shine so bright
each night
the Shepherd with his watchful eye keeps watch
as he strives to keep us safe
though some of us obey
many go astray
though we nothing to fear
  he’ll keep watch with the eyes of Heaven.
 
The eyes of Heaven they see so clear.
They see it all,
when we climb or fall.
They see when we win
and surely when we sin.
All we do is seen by
the eyes of Heaven.
We are never alone
With those eyes of Heaven.
 
The eyes of Heaven
they comfort me,
they follow me,
no matter where I go.
The eyes of Heaven, they keep watch when we go afar
never letting us stray from their sight
those beautiful eyes of heaven
OH they shine so bright!
 
Psalm 139:7-10 Where can I go from you Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, If I settle on the far side of the sea even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast

1 comment:

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.