Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

tender rose

If it's not a verse from scripture it often is a piece of nature that inspires my poetry. When I think of a tiny rose and how delicate it can be, I think of the care and protection it needs to thrive. We need care and protection from our Lord daily if we want to thrive as well. The Lord gives us protection like an umbrella high in the sky. It's created by everything we need to thrive.

Tender Rose

I am but a tender rose
In a shade of crimson hue
I thirst for drops of dew
From morning’s first light
Brought forth from Heaven’s might
Sprinkled by His love
As daylight comes
I am lifted and my petals open wide
I glisten like a star
As the sun shines on me from afar
I grow worried as a storm grows near
But my fear fades fast
As I am protected by His 
Umbrella so vast
It’s made of love 
Stretched point to point with mercy and grace
Held together with a cross
of compassion and forgiveness.
It opens to protect from me
 danger that from the storm may come.
As the storm fades away,
Back comes the light of day.
 I can once more open my petals
To catch the love my Lord will pour.


Psalm 104:13 He waters the mountains from his upper chambers; the earth is satisfied by the fruit of his work.









No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.