Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts

Sunday, September 9, 2012

This one is for the Lover of My Soul

Yes I have a lover he is my husband however there is another lover that steals not only my heart but my soul as well. He's the reason why I'm here. He's the air I breath, the things I see and feel. He is everywhere and the best part is He is here for me to share, unlike my husband who is not for sharing. I'll keep my husband to myself and love him oh so dearly but I  have to continue loving and sharing the Lover of My Soul with everyone I meet. My Love of my soul is my Heavenly Father of course.   He loves me in the good and the bad, and when I turn away He'll remain true to me and will wait for me to come back to him. 

Lover of My Soul

My heart beats strong for you
Can’t slow it down 
No matter what I do
Oh lover of my soul
I ache to feel your touch
I pine to hear you speak
Your embrace is what I seek
I desire you oh so much
I want to be faithful
I can’t help but feel hopeful
For the day when you’ll come back for me
There will be a day when I will see 
You face to face
I pray then you’ll grant me grace
To abide with you
In that wonderful home
Above the skies of blue
Oh lover of my soul
How do I get to you?
Where can I go to find you?
I need you here with me
Oh tell me how long will that be
Until you return to me?
Your love it holds firm where I would squirm
It never judges or excludes
Oh lover of my soul
Even when I shut you out
You still wait for me
With open arms you are always there
To comfort and adore me
Sure sounds like the perfect place to be
So lover of my soul
What can I do to stay true to you?
When will you come?
When will you bring me home?
Will it be soon?
Oh lover of my soul
I don’t want to be alone
Can’t go it on my own
I’d give it all
If you’ll tear down the wall
I’ve built between you and me
Grant me forgiveness and 
Plague me with mercy
Oh Lover of my Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This poetry is not only Praise to God but it is also a testimony of His work in my life. Even when I haven't paid attention, He was there through it all. God Loves Me even though I am not perfect and that's enough for me.

About Me

My photo
We all have gifts given to us by The Lord God above even before we were a glint in our parents eye. The Lord designed each one of us to have a gift. What we choose to do with the gifts he gives us is what matters. I chose to share my gift with the world. I'm not a professional. I have had no educational training in poetry writing other than basic english that they teach you in school. All my poems are inspired by God's word and the desire to have a better relationship with him. I have also been inspired by life events that God has led me to healing for. I am a mother of 2 boys trying to do my best to please the father and raise my boys to live the same way.